Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue August 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/14/12
Today on NPR: When Brown took the reins at Cosmopolitan magazine in 1965, it was a foundering monthly known for fiction. Without any editing experience, she turned it into the wildly popular, sexy, women-focused, hugely profitable glossy we know today. She died Monday in New York.
- Metropolis landlords showed up to last night’s city council meeting to protest the city’s policy of holding them responsible for the delinquent utility bills of their renters.
- The Illinois Department of Transportation plans to close the U.S. 60/62 bridge over the Mississippi River three days next week.
- The website SleepBetter.org has ranked Paducah third among the nation’s sleepiest cities.
- On Thursday, August 23rd, the McCracken County Circuit Court Clerk’s office's will suspend license issuing for one day.