Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed August 1, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 8/1/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: A mile-deep mine in South Dakota was closed a decade ago. Now, it's been cleaned up and revamped as an underground science laboratory.
Around the Region:
- Kentucky Coal Association President Bill Bissett is applauding a federal court ruling that found the EPA overstepped its authority in establishing water quality criteria for consideration of mining permits.
- The attorney for Kevin Wayne Dunlap says her client was incompetent to plead guilty in the slayings of three children because part of his brain is missing.
- Most of Kentucky's elected Democrats will skip this weekend's annual Fancy Farm picnic.
- Voters in west Tennessee head to the polls to narrow the field in many state and local races tomorrow.