Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed July 25, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 7/25/12
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Today on NPR: Some pay phones offer free Wi-Fi as part of New York City's experiment to breathe new life into its abandoned public phones.
Around the Commonwealth:
- Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has ordered flags at all state office building to half staff on Friday in honor of last week’s Colorado shooting victims.
- The Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department is looking for suspects after $41,000 in copper and other metal was stolen.
- Mitch McConnell challenged Democrats to vote on a bill to end the Bush era tax cuts for wealthier Americans.
- Governor Steve Beshear is on his way to Germany and France to help economic development in Kentucky.
- A former financial planner for the Kentucky Pension Systems says an international banking scandal is leading to millions of dollars in losses for Kentucky agencies.
Missed this morning's news? Catch up with the morning cram.