Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- Paducah Officials Stay Quiet as Alleged BBQ Festival, Store Violations Come to Light
- Weather Related Closings
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Tue July 24, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 7/24/12
Today on NPR: Now that Stanford, Harvard and other top American universities are offering free online courses, will students one day be able to get course credits and degrees online from these schools without having to pay for it? Stanford's president says his school "can see moving in that direction."
- OVC football coaches and information directors have picked Murray State to finish third in the conference this season, behind Eastern Kentucky and Jacksonville State.
- The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor.
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers officials continue to monitor low water levels in the Ohio River.
- The severity of the drought in the Ohio River basin has officials with the US Army Corps of Engineers monitoring water sources in Kentucky and surrounding states.
- In announcing the latest KASPER figures today, Governor Steve Beshear emphasized that the goal is to shut down doctor shopping and pill mills, not prevent patients from getting legitimate treatment.