Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
Mon June 4, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/4/12
The region is under a severe thunderstorm watch until 10:00 PM tonight with a 60% chance of rain and possible thunderstorms.
Primary hazards include damaging winds and hail. Storm movement will be southeast up to 35 MPH. Low around 61.
Around the Commonwealth:
Madisonville residents are the first in the Pennyrile region to have free curbside recycling provided by the city.
Kentucky’s Council on Post Secondary Education will launch a website this week to help students who are transferring from community and technical colleges to four-year universities.
A national group that promotes the separation of church and state is looking to establish a chapter in Kentucky.
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
Out of this World: The planet Venus will pass in front of the sun Tuesday.
To see headlines from this morning, check out our morning cram.