Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon June 4, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/4/12
The region is under a severe thunderstorm watch until 10:00 PM tonight with a 60% chance of rain and possible thunderstorms.
Primary hazards include damaging winds and hail. Storm movement will be southeast up to 35 MPH. Low around 61.
Around the Commonwealth:
Madisonville residents are the first in the Pennyrile region to have free curbside recycling provided by the city.
Kentucky’s Council on Post Secondary Education will launch a website this week to help students who are transferring from community and technical colleges to four-year universities.
A national group that promotes the separation of church and state is looking to establish a chapter in Kentucky.
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
Out of this World: The planet Venus will pass in front of the sun Tuesday.
To see headlines from this morning, check out our morning cram.