Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed June 20, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/20/12
Today on NPR: Advocates for prisoners have long argued that confinement conditions in prisons violate the constitutional ban on cruel and unusual punishment. On Tuesday, they made their case before a Senate Judiciary subcommittee, complete with a replica prison cell in the hearing room.
Four Rivers Region:
Murray hosts a Kentucky fair housing workshop today, focusing on the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
McCracken County High School's new Principal says one of his goals is creating a sense of community at the county’s consolidated high school.
Around the Commonwealth:
Senator Mitch McConnell is urging his colleagues block a move by the EPA to limit emissions.
So just how many horses live in the state that proclaims itself as the world's equine capital?
A new study shows that Kentucky’s two-year colleges outperform the state’s public universities in several areas.