Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Mon June 18, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/18/12
Today on NPR: Organizers of the National Hollerin' Contest in Spivey's Corner, N.C., started the annual competition to preserve the disappearing art of hollerin' — a complex form of yelling that sounds like Tarzan's jungle call.
Around the Commonwealth:
The Kentucky Commission on Human Rights is offering education workshops on fair housing to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals across the commonwealth this week.
A two person team of travelers visits Murray today as part of the Rand McNally USA Today Best of the Road competition.
A decades-long court fight between a Christian health organization and the Kentucky state government is drawing the ire of some Tea Party activists.
A contractor for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet plans to resume hanging steel on the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge next Monday.
Obion County Tennessee Commissioners will allow three rural communities to provide membership-based fire service to their local customers.