Most Active Stories
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
- 107 of 138 Kentucky Legislators Support the State’s Same-Sex Marriage Ban
Thu June 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/14/12
Today on NPR: The human body contains about 100 trillion cells, but only maybe one in 10 of those cells is actually human. The rest are from bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. Now, scientists have unveiled the the "human microbiome," which includes 10,000 species and more than 8 million genes.
Four Rivers Region:
Paducah is conducting a city-wide survey.
Honeywell’s Metropolis facility will resume operations at the start of July.
Hopkins County school clinics are suffering budget cuts.
Around the Commonwealth:
‘A Community Guide to Reducing Obesity’ details local projects in 17 areas of the Commonwealth.
In an attempt to gain fans, Churchill Downs is adopting a new points system for entry into the Kentucky Derby.