Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Tue June 5, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 6/05/12
Today on NPR: The U.S. is ending millions of dollars in funding for Pakistan's version of Sesame Street, which began airing six months ago.
Around the Commonwealth:
In college towns, locals are often in conflict with school officials and students. An organization dedicated to eliminating such conflict holds its annual conference this week in Richmond.
As the Environmental Protection Agency begins its public forums on coal mining permits in Kentucky, U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell is rallying for coal to be a bigger part of the nation's energy portfolio.
Christian County School officials are interviewing superintendent candidates.
A Mayfield man living in a Graves County retirement center has been honored as the oldest Kentucky member of the Disabled American Veterans.
Kentucky State Police are investigating the death of a Nashville man suspected of killing his wife yesterday.
Kentucky Transportation Cabinet engineers are developing alternate alignments for reconstruction of U.S. 641 around Fredonia and to Eddyville.