Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Thu May 31, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 5/31/12
Today on NPR: While "Five Wives Vodka" is made and sold in Utah, officials in Idaho have decided its name and label might offend both Mormons and women.
Four Rivers Region:
Construction begins next summer on a massive marina and riverfront project in downtown Paducah.
Scott Ellison here with the weekly FLW Fishing Report.
Residents of Mounds, Illinois are coming to terms with an announcement Wednesday that the Oil-Dri plant is slashing its workforce in half.
Around the Commonwealth:
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear was in Hopkinsville today to sign into law legislation aimed at curbing the use of synthetic drugs.
Daviess County Judge-Executive All Mattingly hopes western Kentucky coal counties will soon be included in a new coal tax college scholarship program.
Governor Steve Beshear has signed legislation requiring vehicles carrying 15 passengers or less to be equipped with seat belts and passengers must wear them.
A prominent nursing home company is ending its operations in Kentucky.
Front Page Sneak Peek: Murray’s Playhouse in the Park continues their summer season with Doubt: A Parable.
To see headlines from this morning, check out the morning cram.