Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri April 27, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 4/27/12
Today on NPR: Chen Guangcheng is one of China's best-known activists for his fight against forced abortions. Security forces had been stationed outside his house for 18 months, but he managed to escape despite being blind. His exact whereabouts are unknown, but supporters say he's safe.
Beshear has penned a letter to all six members of Kentucky's Congressional delegation asking for them to block an increase in student loans.
The Kentucky Supreme Court has ruled environmental groups can intervene in a court case involving a coal company and water pollution.
Governor Steve Beshear is exempting nurse anesthetists from a federal requirement that they be supervised by a physician when administering anesthetics to patients.
For some of the world’s top equestrians, the road to the 2012 Olympics includes a stop in Lexington this weekend for the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event.
Tuition at Murray State will increase by 4% for the next academic year.
Dave Washburn says fishing is fairly good when the wind will let you get out on the lake.
Murray State University officials are reviewing campus safety policies in light of yesterday’s state Supreme Court ruling which allows students and staff to keep guns in their cars on campus.