Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 26, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 4/26/12
Today on NPR: It's been 20 years since Los Angeles erupted in riots after the acquittal of four white police officers in the beating of black motorist Rodney King. The city has seen a lot of changes since then, but the police department has undergone an outright transformation.
Around the Commonwealth:
U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning surprised political observers when he said he regretted endorsing Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., in the 2010 Senate race.
Calloway County Middle School and Lone Oak High School will compete starting this weekend in the Department of Energy’s National Science Bowl in the Washington, D.C., area.
The company that operates the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion plant says it's cutting spending and implementing layoffs at two of its locations around the country.
The Kentucky Supreme Court has ruled that students and staff members at the commonwealth’s universities may legally store guns and other deadly weapons in a car's glove compartment, but that the schools may continue to regulate them elsewhere on campus.
Attorney General Jack Conway isn’t upset the General Assembly’s so called “Pill Mill Bill” failed to place the KASPER prescription drug monitoring system with his office.