Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon April 16, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 4/16/12
Today on NPR: What happens in Vegas... gets you fired.
At a sometimes heated hearing today where members of the House got to express outrage about the excessive and wasteful spending by officials from the General Services Administration during a 2010 conference in Las Vegas, the man at the center of the scandal refused to testify.
And now... news from the Four Rivers Region:
Eggners Ferry Bridge Collapse Hearing: Navigation lights are the focus of the first day of Coast Guard and National Transportation and Safety Board hearings on the crash that collapsed a portion of the Eggners Ferry Bridge.
Fire in Kirksey: A fire has fully engulfed a structure on Norsworthy road near Kirksey, Kentucky.
In Boston: A former Murray State Racer Wins Boston Marathon.
Loud Noises in the Capitol: Kentucky lawmakers have returned to the capitol for a special session, and it's not clear how long they'll remain in Frankfort to finish their work.