Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu April 5, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 4/05/12
Today on NPR: Critics say the NYPD's aggressive stop-and-frisk tactics amount to widespread racial profiling, but supporters counter that it's one reason the city's crime rate is as low as it is. Now, with the city's stop-and-frisk numbers reaching record highs, state lawmakers are pushing to rein the practice in.
Around the Commonwealth:
Owensboro’s mayor says he’s proposing a skateboard ban due to vandalism in city parks.
The Department of Energy and EPA have approved a cleanup plan for contaminated groundwater at Paducah’s Gaseous Diffusion Plant.
Two Hopkinsville men will serve prison time for trafficking prescription drugs from Florida to Kentucky.
Grain specialists are predicting a record amount of corn could go in the ground this spring.
Three candidates for Northern Tennessee’s 24th Senatorial District seat have filed petition to run for the office in August.