Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue February 7, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/7/12
- Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is supporting a bill to reduce the number of polling places for uncontested special elections for legislative seats.
- Kentucky lawmakers are protesting a current trade agreement that they say would hurt tobacco.
- A judge has ruled that Kentucky lawmakers can't implement newly redrawn legislative districts. Franklin County Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd ruled this afternoon on the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of newly redrawn district boundaries.
Around the Commonwealth:
Kentucky’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services Secretary Janie Miller has resigned.
Students from all eight of Kentucky’s public universities have once again descended on Frankfort with a familiar message… stop cutting higher education.
Wildlife officials say the fatal fungus call white nose syndrome affecting bats across the U.S. has been confirmed in Breckinridge County, Kentucky.
U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield released this statement today on the Eggner Ferry Bridge.
Murray Police are investigating the cause of a fire at the Bee Creek Soccer Complex Monday night.
Front Page Sneak Peek:
Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running Steven Sodenheim’s famous musical “Sweeney Todd” about a vengeful barber in post-industrial London.