Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 7, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/7/12
- Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is supporting a bill to reduce the number of polling places for uncontested special elections for legislative seats.
- Kentucky lawmakers are protesting a current trade agreement that they say would hurt tobacco.
- A judge has ruled that Kentucky lawmakers can't implement newly redrawn legislative districts. Franklin County Circuit Judge Phillip Shepherd ruled this afternoon on the lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of newly redrawn district boundaries.
Around the Commonwealth:
Kentucky’s Cabinet for Health and Family Services Secretary Janie Miller has resigned.
Students from all eight of Kentucky’s public universities have once again descended on Frankfort with a familiar message… stop cutting higher education.
Wildlife officials say the fatal fungus call white nose syndrome affecting bats across the U.S. has been confirmed in Breckinridge County, Kentucky.
U.S. Rep. Ed Whitfield released this statement today on the Eggner Ferry Bridge.
Murray Police are investigating the cause of a fire at the Bee Creek Soccer Complex Monday night.
Front Page Sneak Peek:
Theatre Workshop of Owensboro is running Steven Sodenheim’s famous musical “Sweeney Todd” about a vengeful barber in post-industrial London.