Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Wed February 29, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/29/12
Damage from early morning storms is widespread from Ballard County, KY to Harrisburg Illinois, and another bout of bad weather is on the way
Historians and genealogists now have digitized Confederate Army Pension Applications to comb through to aid their research. The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives have them all available online.
The Kentucky House Judiciary Committee has overwhelmingly passed two bills- one bill deals would ban the manufacture of any drug that simulates an illegal substance or that contains certain chemical compounds; the second bill is an overhaul of the KASPER system, which monitors prescription drugs.
State Auditor Adam Edelen has released ten recommendations for a more efficient Medicaid Managed Care system in Kentucky.
A deal to help Kentucky repay a federal loan is officially on the table.
Kentucky State economist Manoj Shanker says the over 21,000 jobs added shows Kentucky’s economy has made strides in recovering from the recession.