Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 20, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/20/12
The Hickman Fulton County Riverport Director Greg Curlin says the Army Corps of Engineers told him earlier this month that $1.9 million dollars in disaster relief money would be used for a one-time dredging at the riverport.
Representative Mike Nemes from Louisville would like to see term limits set for each house of the legislature. If approved, it would require lawmakers to leave their chamber after 12 years.
A bill that would allow Kentucky to collect money from Medicaid fraud busts has again been introduced in Frankfort. House Speaker Greg Stumbo filed the bill, which would also protect and possibly reward whistle blowers who report fraud in Medicaid or any other areas of state government.
The Racers moved up two spots in the AP poll to number 14, and two in the ESPN poll to number 12 after successfully navigating past Southeast Missouri State and then number 16 ranked St. Mary's.