Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon February 20, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/20/12
The Hickman Fulton County Riverport Director Greg Curlin says the Army Corps of Engineers told him earlier this month that $1.9 million dollars in disaster relief money would be used for a one-time dredging at the riverport.
Representative Mike Nemes from Louisville would like to see term limits set for each house of the legislature. If approved, it would require lawmakers to leave their chamber after 12 years.
A bill that would allow Kentucky to collect money from Medicaid fraud busts has again been introduced in Frankfort. House Speaker Greg Stumbo filed the bill, which would also protect and possibly reward whistle blowers who report fraud in Medicaid or any other areas of state government.
The Racers moved up two spots in the AP poll to number 14, and two in the ESPN poll to number 12 after successfully navigating past Southeast Missouri State and then number 16 ranked St. Mary's.