Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
Tue February 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/14/12
Today is I Love Mountains Day in Frankfort, and more than one thousand are expected to attend a rally.
Around the Commonwealth:
Lawmakers have unveiled their constitutional amendment for expanded gambling which would allow for up to seven casinos in Kentucky, but five must be at horse racing tracks.
Eight of the forty bridge reports were not received by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe says most of them came from an eastern Kentucky district.
After several years, a bill allowing charter schools in Kentucky has received a hearing in a House committee.
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron.