Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue February 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/14/12
Today is I Love Mountains Day in Frankfort, and more than one thousand are expected to attend a rally.
Around the Commonwealth:
Lawmakers have unveiled their constitutional amendment for expanded gambling which would allow for up to seven casinos in Kentucky, but five must be at horse racing tracks.
Eight of the forty bridge reports were not received by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe says most of them came from an eastern Kentucky district.
After several years, a bill allowing charter schools in Kentucky has received a hearing in a House committee.
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron.