Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue February 14, 2012
Afternoon Round-Up 2/14/12
Today is I Love Mountains Day in Frankfort, and more than one thousand are expected to attend a rally.
Around the Commonwealth:
Lawmakers have unveiled their constitutional amendment for expanded gambling which would allow for up to seven casinos in Kentucky, but five must be at horse racing tracks.
Eight of the forty bridge reports were not received by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. KYTC spokesman Chuck Wolfe says most of them came from an eastern Kentucky district.
After several years, a bill allowing charter schools in Kentucky has received a hearing in a House committee.
Obion County Commissioner Danny Jowers announced he will run for the 24th district Senate seat left vacant by Roy Herron.