Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Mon June 1, 2009
AFL-CIO Backs KCTCS Faculty
By Chad Lampe
Murray, Ky – The Kentucky State AFL-CIO has endorsed a resolution from Kentucky Community College Faculty and Staff Alliance that censures the KCTCS Board of Regents for voting to end tenure for faculty employed after June 30.
Since the regents voted in March, faculty members at 15 of the state's 16 community and technical colleges have voted to condemn or express no confidence in the board. Executive Director of the Alliance Barbara Ashley hopes the board will reverse its policy.
State Rep. Rick Nelson, plans to prefile a bill restoring tenure, continuing employment status and post-retirement benefits before next year's regular session of the General Assembly.