Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu September 10, 2009
Advocates Ask Judge to Block Limits on TN Foster Care
Nashville, TN – An advocacy group wants the courts to block a new Tennessee law that would penalize counties that put a high percentage of children in foster care. The motion was filed yesterday in Nashville's U.S. District Court by Children's Rights.
Associate Director Ira Lustbader says the law could endanger children by pressuring judges to leave them in dangerous living situations. He also says the law violates the 2001 settlement of a federal class action suit brought by Children's Rights to reform Tennessee's Department of Children's Services.
DCS spokesman Rob Johnson responded saying the law was carefully crafted and would ensure the fair and proper use of state resources.