Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue September 13, 2011
Adopt-A-Highway Begins Next Week
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Volunteers will spread out across Kentucky's highways starting Sunday for Adopt-a-Highway Fall Sweep Week. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet says more than 900 groups take part in the program established 23 years ago. Volunteers clean some 6,800 miles of roadside every year.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Groups interested in becoming members of the Adopt-a-Highway Program can find details and district coordinator information at http://adopt-a-highway.ky.gov/. Safety guidelines are provided to volunteers and should be reviewed prior to each cleanup.
Your Adopt-a-Highway coordinator will help you get in touch with your county's maintenance crew superintendent to arrange warning sign placement on the date of your pickup. Trash bags and safety vests can be obtained at each state maintenance facility, and litter-bag removal is provided by the state highway crews.