Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu September 19, 2013
Adkins: Democrats Screening Candidates for Rep. Arnold's Former Seat
Originally published on Thu September 19, 2013 12:09 pm
Kentucky House Majority Leader Rocky Adkins is predicting that Democrats will hold onto the 7th District House seat vacated earlier this month when John Arnold resigned from the post.
Arnold stepped down as state representative for the western Kentucky district after sexual harassment allegations were made against him.
Adkins says while it’s a serious matter, the scandal should not be made into a campaign issue, although he expects Republicans to do so.
Adkins says his party is in the process of recruiting a strong candidate for the seat.
"That is a heavy Democrat(ic area) and I believe that we will have a very quality candidate that will run in the special election which we will have before the end of the year. And we are now in search of the right person, the right candidate," he said.
Arnold won the seat by just five votes over his Republican opponent in the last election.