Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri July 20, 2012
Additional Purchase Counties Named Exceptional Drought Areas
Four more counties in the Jackson Purchase have been given the ‘exceptional drought’ status by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Caldwell, Lyon, Crittenden, and Livingston Counties have been added to the existing list of drought plagued areas of the Commonwealth. The classification was issued by the National Drought Mitigation center, and represents its highest level of warning. Areas of Eastern Missouri, Northwestern Tennessee, Southern Illinois and the Jackson Purchase all have areas of extreme drought.