Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri July 20, 2012
Additional Purchase Counties Named Exceptional Drought Areas
Four more counties in the Jackson Purchase have been given the ‘exceptional drought’ status by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Caldwell, Lyon, Crittenden, and Livingston Counties have been added to the existing list of drought plagued areas of the Commonwealth. The classification was issued by the National Drought Mitigation center, and represents its highest level of warning. Areas of Eastern Missouri, Northwestern Tennessee, Southern Illinois and the Jackson Purchase all have areas of extreme drought.