Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri July 20, 2012
Additional Purchase Counties Named Exceptional Drought Areas
Four more counties in the Jackson Purchase have been given the ‘exceptional drought’ status by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Caldwell, Lyon, Crittenden, and Livingston Counties have been added to the existing list of drought plagued areas of the Commonwealth. The classification was issued by the National Drought Mitigation center, and represents its highest level of warning. Areas of Eastern Missouri, Northwestern Tennessee, Southern Illinois and the Jackson Purchase all have areas of extreme drought.