Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon May 28, 2012
Active Duty Members and Family Get Free Summer Museum Admission
Active duty personnel and their families can attend more than 1,500 museums nationwide for free today. The Blue Star Families Program is a collaborative effort by National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families, and the Department of Defense to give free museum admission to military families during the summer. Executive Director of the River Discovery Center in Paducah says up to five family members can get in free, and the active duty member doesn’t even need to be present.
“A spouse of somebody that is deployed can still come in. They have their military ID, as well. So that’s not a problem at all.”
The National Quilt Museum and the Yeiser Art Center are also participating in the Blue Star Families Program- which lasts until Labor Day. For a complete list of participating museums, click here.