Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu September 9, 2010
ACLU Continues to Watch Situation in Mayfield
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – The Kentucky chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is still not saying whether it will seek legal action against the city of Mayfield. The ACLU became interested in Mayfield last month after the city's zoning board denied a conditional use permit for a mosque. They cited a lack of parking as the reason for the denial. In a written statement, ACLU Executive Director Michael Aldridge says they continue to investigate all available options of assistance for the Somali community. Because of the possible legal nature of the case, Aldridge would not offer any further comment. Mayfield City Attorney Boyd Neely declined to comment. He says a statement before any lawsuit is filed would be speculation.