Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon August 3, 2009
Abramson's 2nd Fancy Farm Visit
By Tony McVeigh
Fancy Farm, KY – Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson can now brag he's been to two Fancy Farm Picnics. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh watched Abramson mingle with the crowd at Saturday's 129th annual picnic in rural Graves County.
Gov. Steve Beshear was vacationing in Florida, so his running mate for the 2011 campaign, Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson, was representing the ticket at Fancy Farm. We caught up with Abramson in the dining hall, where he was finishing a plate of fried chicken and barbeque mutton. "It's been great. People have been very, very responsive, positive. It's a nice opportunity in a very calm and easy way to visit Fancy Farm and to listen and to learn and to watch and to see."
This was Abramson's second Fancy Farm picnic. In the mid-1990's he attended as a spectator. This year he sat onstage, and watched the U-S Senate candidates slug it out, but didn't deliver a speech. That'll likely happen next year.