Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed August 15, 2012
Abramson Pushes for Clean Energy
Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy. In a speech to energy officials Wednesday, Abramson said the state is lacking green initiatives, and it needs to adapt as coal's decline continues.
"But the reality is that as these changes are occurring we've got to be a part of understanding what is happening and get out in front of them in terms of strategies that are going to be there to respond to the changes that are in fact going to occur," Abramson said.
Abramson also said the state has been slow to implement Governor Steve Beshear's seven-point plan for energy efficiency and green jobs. Shortly after Abramson's remarks, however, Beshear announced a $7 billion deal to sell Kentucky coal to India.