Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed August 15, 2012
Abramson Pushes for Clean Energy
Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy. In a speech to energy officials Wednesday, Abramson said the state is lacking green initiatives, and it needs to adapt as coal's decline continues.
"But the reality is that as these changes are occurring we've got to be a part of understanding what is happening and get out in front of them in terms of strategies that are going to be there to respond to the changes that are in fact going to occur," Abramson said.
Abramson also said the state has been slow to implement Governor Steve Beshear's seven-point plan for energy efficiency and green jobs. Shortly after Abramson's remarks, however, Beshear announced a $7 billion deal to sell Kentucky coal to India.