Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed August 15, 2012
Abramson Pushes for Clean Energy
Kentucky's Lieutenant Governor is pushing clean energy. In a speech to energy officials Wednesday, Abramson said the state is lacking green initiatives, and it needs to adapt as coal's decline continues.
"But the reality is that as these changes are occurring we've got to be a part of understanding what is happening and get out in front of them in terms of strategies that are going to be there to respond to the changes that are in fact going to occur," Abramson said.
Abramson also said the state has been slow to implement Governor Steve Beshear's seven-point plan for energy efficiency and green jobs. Shortly after Abramson's remarks, however, Beshear announced a $7 billion deal to sell Kentucky coal to India.