Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue April 3, 2012
ABA President Bill Robinson at Murray State for Waterfield Lecture
For the annual Harry Lee Waterfield Distinguished Lecture Series, American Bar Association President Bill Robinson spoke to Murray State students and faculty on the topic of "Justice on a Shoestring: The Real Cost of Underfunded Courts."
Robinson spoke on the problems facing Americans when court budgets are cut in the attempt to save money. He said as a co-equal branch of the government, court funding should be a top priority to ensure people have equal and adequate access to justice.
Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III is Member-in-Charge of the Northern Kentucky offices of Frost Brown Todd LLC, a regional law firm with offices in Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia and Indiana. He currently serves as President of the American Bar Association for a one-year term which began on August 8, 2011.