Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue April 3, 2012
ABA President Bill Robinson at Murray State for Waterfield Lecture
For the annual Harry Lee Waterfield Distinguished Lecture Series, American Bar Association President Bill Robinson spoke to Murray State students and faculty on the topic of "Justice on a Shoestring: The Real Cost of Underfunded Courts."
Robinson spoke on the problems facing Americans when court budgets are cut in the attempt to save money. He said as a co-equal branch of the government, court funding should be a top priority to ensure people have equal and adequate access to justice.
Wm. T. (Bill) Robinson III is Member-in-Charge of the Northern Kentucky offices of Frost Brown Todd LLC, a regional law firm with offices in Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia and Indiana. He currently serves as President of the American Bar Association for a one-year term which began on August 8, 2011.