Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Mon November 16, 2009
AARP Holds Rally at the Capitol
By Kentucky News Connection
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky and other senior groups held a rally today in Frankfort to protest additional cuts to services for the elderly. Preventing more budget cuts is A-A-R-P's top priority in the 2010 General Assembly. Nelda Barnett, AARP Kentucky state president said it's important to protect state services that allow thousands of seniors and citizens with disabilities to be cared for in their homes.
"The governor and our legislators know that to cut the cost of aging services is going to be cutting in pretty deep into the home, in-home services."
Barnett says aging and independent living services in the state have already been through a round of cuts the past three years.