Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Mon November 16, 2009
AARP Holds Rally at the Capitol
By Kentucky News Connection
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky and other senior groups held a rally today in Frankfort to protest additional cuts to services for the elderly. Preventing more budget cuts is A-A-R-P's top priority in the 2010 General Assembly. Nelda Barnett, AARP Kentucky state president said it's important to protect state services that allow thousands of seniors and citizens with disabilities to be cared for in their homes.
"The governor and our legislators know that to cut the cost of aging services is going to be cutting in pretty deep into the home, in-home services."
Barnett says aging and independent living services in the state have already been through a round of cuts the past three years.