Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon November 16, 2009
AARP Holds Rally at the Capitol
By Kentucky News Connection
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky and other senior groups held a rally today in Frankfort to protest additional cuts to services for the elderly. Preventing more budget cuts is A-A-R-P's top priority in the 2010 General Assembly. Nelda Barnett, AARP Kentucky state president said it's important to protect state services that allow thousands of seniors and citizens with disabilities to be cared for in their homes.
"The governor and our legislators know that to cut the cost of aging services is going to be cutting in pretty deep into the home, in-home services."
Barnett says aging and independent living services in the state have already been through a round of cuts the past three years.