Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Fri December 7, 2012
99,000 Deer Taken During IL Firearm Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says hunters harvested more than 99 thousand deer during this year's firearm season. The preliminary total is about 2,500 higher than last year. I-D-N-R Forest Wildlife Program Manager Paul Shelton says hunters probably benefited from this year’s split season because of warmer weather.
The state's three-day muzzleloader season is Friday through Sunday.