Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Fri December 7, 2012
99,000 Deer Taken During IL Firearm Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says hunters harvested more than 99 thousand deer during this year's firearm season. The preliminary total is about 2,500 higher than last year. I-D-N-R Forest Wildlife Program Manager Paul Shelton says hunters probably benefited from this year’s split season because of warmer weather.
The state's three-day muzzleloader season is Friday through Sunday.