Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Fri December 7, 2012
99,000 Deer Taken During IL Firearm Season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources says hunters harvested more than 99 thousand deer during this year's firearm season. The preliminary total is about 2,500 higher than last year. I-D-N-R Forest Wildlife Program Manager Paul Shelton says hunters probably benefited from this year’s split season because of warmer weather.
The state's three-day muzzleloader season is Friday through Sunday.