Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue October 27, 2009
911 Grants Improve Systems
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has announced nearly a million dollars in grants to help improve 911 systems across the state. In western Kentucky, grant recipients are Christian County, Muhlenberg County, and the city of Henderson. Agencies will use the funds to upgrade equipment and provide training for dispatchers.