Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu September 12, 2013
'90s Nostalgia Revisited: 6 Musicians We Miss
Originally published on Fri September 13, 2013 7:11 am
At the audio link hear Ann Powers and Morning Edition host Renee Montagne on defining '90s music and the reasons the sounds and artists of that era are re-emerging now.
1990s nostalgia has been bubbling to the surface, like a mastodon in a tar pit, for a while now. We all know what's most often excavated: Nirvana's roar (this week, the band's third album In Utero gets a super-deluxe 20th anniversary reissue), Biggie's cool murmur, the futuristic sigh of Aaliyah. But there's more to the decade than those obvious landmarks. Here we remember six artists huge in the '90s, who don't always get their deserved props today.