Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Mon October 18, 2010
8th District Leads Spending in Congressional Races
Nashville, TN – Campaign finance reports show the heaviest fundraising activity among congressional races in Tennessee is in the battle to succeed Democratic Representative John Tanner, who is retiring from his 8th Congressional District seat.
Republican Stephen Fincher pushed his total receipts to almost $2.5 million since entering the race, including a quarter million dollar loan he made to the campaign during the primary. He reported a cash balance of about $542,000.
Democrat Roy Herron's total receipts reached $2.3 million, including half a million from himself. Herron had nearly $645,000 on hand at the end of the third quarter. The two-week early voting period for the November 2nd election began last week.