Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 18, 2010
8th District Leads Spending in Congressional Races
Nashville, TN – Campaign finance reports show the heaviest fundraising activity among congressional races in Tennessee is in the battle to succeed Democratic Representative John Tanner, who is retiring from his 8th Congressional District seat.
Republican Stephen Fincher pushed his total receipts to almost $2.5 million since entering the race, including a quarter million dollar loan he made to the campaign during the primary. He reported a cash balance of about $542,000.
Democrat Roy Herron's total receipts reached $2.3 million, including half a million from himself. Herron had nearly $645,000 on hand at the end of the third quarter. The two-week early voting period for the November 2nd election began last week.