Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Mon October 18, 2010
8th District Leads Spending in Congressional Races
Nashville, TN – Campaign finance reports show the heaviest fundraising activity among congressional races in Tennessee is in the battle to succeed Democratic Representative John Tanner, who is retiring from his 8th Congressional District seat.
Republican Stephen Fincher pushed his total receipts to almost $2.5 million since entering the race, including a quarter million dollar loan he made to the campaign during the primary. He reported a cash balance of about $542,000.
Democrat Roy Herron's total receipts reached $2.3 million, including half a million from himself. Herron had nearly $645,000 on hand at the end of the third quarter. The two-week early voting period for the November 2nd election began last week.