Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 18, 2010
8th District Leads Spending in Congressional Races
Nashville, TN – Campaign finance reports show the heaviest fundraising activity among congressional races in Tennessee is in the battle to succeed Democratic Representative John Tanner, who is retiring from his 8th Congressional District seat.
Republican Stephen Fincher pushed his total receipts to almost $2.5 million since entering the race, including a quarter million dollar loan he made to the campaign during the primary. He reported a cash balance of about $542,000.
Democrat Roy Herron's total receipts reached $2.3 million, including half a million from himself. Herron had nearly $645,000 on hand at the end of the third quarter. The two-week early voting period for the November 2nd election began last week.