Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 18, 2009
$83m Expected @ Fort Campbell
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell expects to benefit from some $83 million allocated to the base in the Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriations Act recently passed by congress and awaiting President Barrack Obama's signature. Most of the money will go towards the Battalion Operations Complex and the Headquarters building. Additional highlights planned at the base include a new language training facility and a Chapel Center. The chapel project was one advocated by a local group that lobbies Washington DC on behalf of Fort Campbell.