Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu June 13, 2013
7 Athletes Being Inducted Into KY Hall Of Fame
Seven athletes are being inducted into the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame today. They range from the never-nervous freshman center who helped Louisville win the 1986 national championship to the Centre quarterback who scored the only points in an upset of Harvard in 1921.
Former Louisville player Pervis Ellison and All-American Centre quarterback Alvin "Bo" McMillin are joined by three-time Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel, Turfway Park and Kentucky Speedway developer Jerry Carroll, All-American tennis player Julie Ditty of Ashland, Louisville Sacred Heart basketball icon Donna Moir and Bowling Green native Dwayne Woodruff, who played football at Louisville and for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Proceeds from the Induction Banquet go to benefit Kosair Charities.