Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri February 19, 2010
'68 Olympic Medalist Ron Freeman Visits MSU
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Olympic double medalist and humanitarian Ron Freeman helped Murray State celebrate Black History Month this week. Freeman held a world record in the 4 by 400 meter relay event for over 20 years. He was one of many African American athletes who participated in medal stand protests against racial discrimination during the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games. Freeman spoke on campus this week and Chris Taylor sits down with him to find out more.