Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri February 19, 2010
'68 Olympic Medalist Ron Freeman Visits MSU
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – Olympic double medalist and humanitarian Ron Freeman helped Murray State celebrate Black History Month this week. Freeman held a world record in the 4 by 400 meter relay event for over 20 years. He was one of many African American athletes who participated in medal stand protests against racial discrimination during the 1968 Mexico City Olympic Games. Freeman spoke on campus this week and Chris Taylor sits down with him to find out more.