Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 7, 2009
5 Arrested in Beating Death
Hopkinsville, KY – Five people have been arrested in the beating death of a Hopkinsville man. Police say 20-year-old Lacagle Kendrick Jr. was the fifth person charged with murder yesterday after he emerged from a house surrounded by more than 20 officers with his hands in the air. In addition to Kendrick, four juveniles have also been charged with murder in the beating death of 41-year-old John Lyle. One of those charged is 15 years old, two are 16 and one is 17. Police say Lyle was beaten on July 23 with items such as a pair of vice grips and a wooden post. Authorities found him on the ground and he died a week later at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.