Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed May 30, 2012
5-30 Afternoon Round-Up (with special video)
From NPR: Illinois State Rep. Mike Bost, a Republican representing Murphysboro, lost his cool after receiving a new version of pension-reform legislation.
From around the region:
Dana Holding Corporation will invest nearly $4 million to expand it's Paris TN plant and add 49 jobs.
The man who has led the Kentucky State Penitentiary for the past two and a half years is leaving his post at the end of the week. This will be the second time Philip W. Parker has retired from the position.
Lieutenant Governor Jerry Abramson and Kentucky’s Blue Ribbon Tax Commission are seeking public comment to help develop recommendations on overhauling the state tax code.
Across the Commonwealth:
The Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) has contracted with a private company to implement a kindergarten screener program, but the state still needs to approve the regulatory to require all public schools to screen incoming students.
A national progressive organization that's pressuring Democrats to drop their memberships in a conservative nonprofit is now operating in Kentucky.