Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue September 17, 2013
$4.5M Grant Awarded to School Systems Near Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense Education Activity awarded two school districts near Fort Campbell with a $4.5 million dollar grant to help students in military families.
The grant is being split between school districts in Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tenn., and Christian County, Ky. The grant will fund a liaison at each school district to help connect with and involve parents.
Students from military parents make up more than a quarter of the Tennessee school district and about 16 percent of the Christian County school district.