Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Tue September 17, 2013
$4.5M Grant Awarded to School Systems Near Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense Education Activity awarded two school districts near Fort Campbell with a $4.5 million dollar grant to help students in military families.
The grant is being split between school districts in Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tenn., and Christian County, Ky. The grant will fund a liaison at each school district to help connect with and involve parents.
Students from military parents make up more than a quarter of the Tennessee school district and about 16 percent of the Christian County school district.