Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Tue September 17, 2013
$4.5M Grant Awarded to School Systems Near Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense Education Activity awarded two school districts near Fort Campbell with a $4.5 million dollar grant to help students in military families.
The grant is being split between school districts in Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tenn., and Christian County, Ky. The grant will fund a liaison at each school district to help connect with and involve parents.
Students from military parents make up more than a quarter of the Tennessee school district and about 16 percent of the Christian County school district.