Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue September 17, 2013
$4.5M Grant Awarded to School Systems Near Fort Campbell
The Department of Defense Education Activity awarded two school districts near Fort Campbell with a $4.5 million dollar grant to help students in military families.
The grant is being split between school districts in Clarksville-Montgomery County, Tenn., and Christian County, Ky. The grant will fund a liaison at each school district to help connect with and involve parents.
Students from military parents make up more than a quarter of the Tennessee school district and about 16 percent of the Christian County school district.