Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 30, 2012
300 New Jobs in the Works for Paducah
Paducah development officials are negotiating with a Florida company to bring 300 new jobs to the city. Economic Development President Chad Chancellor tells The Paducah Sun he expects to reach a deal in the near future. Chancellor says he won’t name the company involved until the deal is finalized. He will say the company is an outsource call center. Chancellor says similar businesses offer salaries around 9 dollars an hour, with benefits. He says incentives for the company would be provided by the PED rather than tax money.