Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 30, 2012
300 New Jobs in the Works for Paducah
Paducah development officials are negotiating with a Florida company to bring 300 new jobs to the city. Economic Development President Chad Chancellor tells The Paducah Sun he expects to reach a deal in the near future. Chancellor says he won’t name the company involved until the deal is finalized. He will say the company is an outsource call center. Chancellor says similar businesses offer salaries around 9 dollars an hour, with benefits. He says incentives for the company would be provided by the PED rather than tax money.