Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Around the Nation
Mon March 31, 2014
2nd Annual Baconfest Held in Juneau, Alaska
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Elsewhere today, we report that cutting back fat may not help your health. People in Juneau, Alaska knew that. They held the Second Annual Juneau Baconfest this month. It includes a hog-calling contest, a bacon eating contest and special dishes like bacon caramel brownies. The star attraction was a bacon bustier worn by a model. Its creator said the only real problem here was keeping her cats away while she made it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.