Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Around the Nation
Mon March 31, 2014
2nd Annual Baconfest Held in Juneau, Alaska
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Elsewhere today, we report that cutting back fat may not help your health. People in Juneau, Alaska knew that. They held the Second Annual Juneau Baconfest this month. It includes a hog-calling contest, a bacon eating contest and special dishes like bacon caramel brownies. The star attraction was a bacon bustier worn by a model. Its creator said the only real problem here was keeping her cats away while she made it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.