Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Around the Nation
Mon March 31, 2014
2nd Annual Baconfest Held in Juneau, Alaska
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Elsewhere today, we report that cutting back fat may not help your health. People in Juneau, Alaska knew that. They held the Second Annual Juneau Baconfest this month. It includes a hog-calling contest, a bacon eating contest and special dishes like bacon caramel brownies. The star attraction was a bacon bustier worn by a model. Its creator said the only real problem here was keeping her cats away while she made it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.