Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Around the Nation
Mon March 31, 2014
2nd Annual Baconfest Held in Juneau, Alaska
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 6:55 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Elsewhere today, we report that cutting back fat may not help your health. People in Juneau, Alaska knew that. They held the Second Annual Juneau Baconfest this month. It includes a hog-calling contest, a bacon eating contest and special dishes like bacon caramel brownies. The star attraction was a bacon bustier worn by a model. Its creator said the only real problem here was keeping her cats away while she made it.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.