Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri August 24, 2012
2,800 Troops To Deploy from Fort Campbell This Winter
2,800 1st Brigade Combat Team soldiers from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division will deploy to Afghanistan this winter.
The Department of Defense announced Friday three units representing more than 9,600 personnel will deploy including Combat teams from Texas and New York bases.
In June officials identified two other units from Ft. Campbell that will deploy to Afghanistan this fall.
First brigade soldiers have worked intensively on culture training during the last year including soldier leader engagement activities.