Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri August 24, 2012
2,800 Troops To Deploy from Fort Campbell This Winter
2,800 1st Brigade Combat Team soldiers from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division will deploy to Afghanistan this winter.
The Department of Defense announced Friday three units representing more than 9,600 personnel will deploy including Combat teams from Texas and New York bases.
In June officials identified two other units from Ft. Campbell that will deploy to Afghanistan this fall.
First brigade soldiers have worked intensively on culture training during the last year including soldier leader engagement activities.