Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Fri August 24, 2012
2,800 Troops To Deploy from Fort Campbell This Winter
2,800 1st Brigade Combat Team soldiers from Fort Campbell’s 101st Airborne Division will deploy to Afghanistan this winter.
The Department of Defense announced Friday three units representing more than 9,600 personnel will deploy including Combat teams from Texas and New York bases.
In June officials identified two other units from Ft. Campbell that will deploy to Afghanistan this fall.
First brigade soldiers have worked intensively on culture training during the last year including soldier leader engagement activities.