Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 4, 2013
2013 Session Will Open with Tea Party Rally against Health Care Law
The fight over the Affordable Care Act in Kentucky will continue in the new year, Tea Party activists say. When Kentucky lawmakers return to start the 2013 legislative session Tuesday, they will be greeted with a rally opposing the health care law.
Kentucky has quickly worked to implement the law under an executive order from Governor Steve Beshear. Tea Party activist David Adams says the rally is meant to convince lawmakers to reverse course. He says,
“It’s a fight that is just beginning, it’s nowhere near over, the November election did not decide this.”
The rally will be in the Capitol Rotunda at 10:30 am.