Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri January 4, 2013
2013 Session Will Open with Tea Party Rally against Health Care Law
The fight over the Affordable Care Act in Kentucky will continue in the new year, Tea Party activists say. When Kentucky lawmakers return to start the 2013 legislative session Tuesday, they will be greeted with a rally opposing the health care law.
Kentucky has quickly worked to implement the law under an executive order from Governor Steve Beshear. Tea Party activist David Adams says the rally is meant to convince lawmakers to reverse course. He says,
“It’s a fight that is just beginning, it’s nowhere near over, the November election did not decide this.”
The rally will be in the Capitol Rotunda at 10:30 am.