Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed November 21, 2012
2012 Could Be Hottest Year on Record for Region
This year could go on record as the hottest year ever, both nationally and regionally. The National Weather Service says the year to date average temperature for the Paducah region is 63.6 degrees, 1.2 degrees higher than the second warmest year in 1954.
NWS Meteorologist Mike York says the unpredictable winter weather seen in previous years means December could throw off this record setting average. York says while last winter was warmer than average, the two winters before that were well below average.