Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed November 21, 2012
2012 Could Be Hottest Year on Record for Region
This year could go on record as the hottest year ever, both nationally and regionally. The National Weather Service says the year to date average temperature for the Paducah region is 63.6 degrees, 1.2 degrees higher than the second warmest year in 1954.
NWS Meteorologist Mike York says the unpredictable winter weather seen in previous years means December could throw off this record setting average. York says while last winter was warmer than average, the two winters before that were well below average.