Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed November 21, 2012
2012 Could Be Hottest Year on Record for Region
This year could go on record as the hottest year ever, both nationally and regionally. The National Weather Service says the year to date average temperature for the Paducah region is 63.6 degrees, 1.2 degrees higher than the second warmest year in 1954.
NWS Meteorologist Mike York says the unpredictable winter weather seen in previous years means December could throw off this record setting average. York says while last winter was warmer than average, the two winters before that were well below average.