Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 21, 2012
2012 Could Be Hottest Year on Record for Region
This year could go on record as the hottest year ever, both nationally and regionally. The National Weather Service says the year to date average temperature for the Paducah region is 63.6 degrees, 1.2 degrees higher than the second warmest year in 1954.
NWS Meteorologist Mike York says the unpredictable winter weather seen in previous years means December could throw off this record setting average. York says while last winter was warmer than average, the two winters before that were well below average.