Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri January 8, 2010
2010 Census in the Four Rivers Region
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Taking a census is a massive project. In the year 2000, the U-S government spent 6-point-5 billion dollars on census work. At the end of the 2009, regional census offices started popping up across the country ahead of this year's count. Census Office Manager Jeff Colley works out of the Hopkinsville office, which oversees work in 22 Kentucky counties and Fort Campbell. Angela Hatton speaks with Colley on the preparations and challenges taking this year's census.