Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu December 10, 2009
2007 CDC study rates Henry County
By Paco Long-Mendez
Henry County, TN – The Centers for Disease Control recently released a study showing Tennessee's county obesity and diabetes percentages for 2007. Henry County had an obesity rate of just over 33 percent, ranking it among the highest in the state. Diabetes rates were on the low end at almost 10 and a half percent. The study also showed that more than fifty-five percent of Tennesseans diagnosed with diabetes are obese as well.