Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 26, 2010
20 Local Sam's Club Employees Affected
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – 20 Paducah Sam's Club employees will be affected by the company's massive nationwide layoffs. Sam's Club parent-company Wal-Mart has cut over 11,000 of its in-store demonstration jobs, about ten percent of its entire workforce. It will instead outsource the jobs to another company. The Paducah Sun reports of the 20 jobless affected at the Paducah store on James Sanders Boulevard, 18 are demonstration program workers and two are business membership recruiters.