Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue January 26, 2010
20 Local Sam's Club Employees Affected
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – 20 Paducah Sam's Club employees will be affected by the company's massive nationwide layoffs. Sam's Club parent-company Wal-Mart has cut over 11,000 of its in-store demonstration jobs, about ten percent of its entire workforce. It will instead outsource the jobs to another company. The Paducah Sun reports of the 20 jobless affected at the Paducah store on James Sanders Boulevard, 18 are demonstration program workers and two are business membership recruiters.