Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed April 15, 2009
2-Year-Old Dies After Crash
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – A young girl has died after a car accident yesterday afternoon involving a Kentucky state representative. 43-year-old Jana Beck and her 2-year old daughter pulled out in front of State Representative Steve Rudy on US Highway 60 near Metropolis Lake Road. Beck says there was nothing Rudy could have done to avoid hitting her. The representative sustained no injuries, but Beck was taken to Western Baptist Hospital for treatment and transferred to St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville. Her daughter sustained severe injuries and was flown directly to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Officials say she died of those injuries early this morning.