Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed July 24, 2013
2 Iowa Men Escape KY Plane Wreck Unharmed
Two Iowa men flying home from Florida escaped unharmed when the pilot tried to land the small plane on a Todd County highway and wound up in a field. Kentucky State Police say the crash happened north of Elkton when the plane apparently experienced mechanical problems.
Police say the pilot, 69-year-old Roger Pointer of Maxwell, Iowa, tried to land the aircraft at around 9:30 yesterday morning on Kentucky 181, but the plane went off the road and into a field. Police say neither Pointer nor his passenger, 52-year-old passenger Michael Callison of Des Moines was hurt. The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating.