Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri March 12, 2010
2 Fort Campbell Soldiers Killed in Afghanistan
Fort Campbell, KY – Two Fort Campbell soldiers have been killed in an attack in Khost, eastern Afghanistan this week. Department of Defense officials say 24-year-old Sergeant Jonathan Richardson of Arkansas and 25-year-old Private First Class Jason Kropat of New York, were killed Tuesday. They are both assigned to the 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing inside the US-Afghan base that killed two and wounded a number of others.